Friday, January 25, 2008

But What Are My Passions?

I've been spending a great deal of my research and work delving into taking your resources (your time, your money, your talent, etc) and applying them to the things you are most passionate about most in life, that you value most in life. Recently though, a friend who was asking how things were going with the book remarked "Wow, sounds great - I hope you can tell me what I'm passionate about while you're at it!"

Well, sort of. I have given it some thought, and knew it was something I needed to address, but the more I think about it the more important it is to have this as a firm foundation before moving forward. What use is learning tricks and tips on how to spend more time doing what you love if you aren't even (consciously) aware of what those things are that you value most in life, that you'd be so much more "alive" doing?

So, I'm directing my research and thinking efforts in that direction now. I came across this post about how to find work you love earlier today, which should give me a good jumping off point into the deeper waters of helping people make sure they have clearly defined what they are passionate about... at least at the point in their lives they read my book.

No comments: